This month we talked to local photographer, Lindsay Froese. Learn how this local photographer got her start and which other women entrepreneurs she admires the most!
Lindsay Froese Photography
Lindsay is based out of Winnipeg and Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba and is available anywhere! When she doesn't have a camera in her hand you can find her traveling, playing hockey, camping, or enjoying time at my family cabin with her husband and their dogs.
Find her at!
1. Tell us a bit about your business. I just started my business this year. I've always enjoyed taking pictures have wanted to get into photography for a long time. This year I decided to just go for it. I have a ways to go but I'd love to get into more wedding photography. It would be such an honor to be able to document that special time in someone's life.
2. How did you get into that industry field and get your business started? It started with family and friends and some travel photography and it's expanded from there. I'm still working to get my name out there.
3. What do you love most about your job? My favorite part about my job is getting to know people. I think I'm an extroverted-introvert. I love meeting new people but I'm pretty quiet. I've found that I'm able to be more extroverted when I'm behind my camera. I also feel like photography has allowed me to open up the creative side of my brain. The process can be frustrating at times and I'm pretty hard on myself but it is so worth it to imagine something in my head and be able to create and capture it.
4. What are you most excited for going forward? Any new projects on the horizon? I've done some work with Sending You Strength Apparel Company, who are raising money for youth mental health initiatives. It's so rewarding to be able to give back in some small way with something I love doing. I'd really love to do more volunteer work for local organizations.
I'm also going to a photography workshop/retreat in May. I'm really excited to learn from and get to know other photographers!
5. If you could go for brunch with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why? Gord Downie - he was able to fit so many incredible achievements into one short life. It would be so cool to talk to him about it.
6. Who is a fellow Winnipeg-based entrepreneur/creative professional you admire and why?
Ariana Tennyson (who was my wedding photographer) is absolutely amazing. She is so talented and creative. Plus she really made my partner and I feel so comfortable. Matea Radic is another local artist I really love. Her artwork is really original and different and often focuses on female bodies.
Thank you Lindsay! We can't wait to see what the rest of the year holds for you.
-Sara + Kyla