Kelsey Kosman wants to create a space you want to live in! This woman does it all from property styling to design consultation to design drafting services. This month we had the chance to learn more about her and her business!
Dollhouse Design was born from a passion grown through ten years of working in the interior design and drafting industry. That, combined with Kelsey's education in both the Architectural Drafting and Residential Design & Decorating courses at Red River College. The goal of Dollhouse Design is to provide services that allow you to enjoy the time you spend building or renovating your home.
Find her at!
1. Tell us a bit about your business.
Dollhouse Design offers interior design, conceptual design drafting and home staging services. We aim to provide design solutions that fit every budget, and strive to come up with a final result that is not only beautiful, but also functional.
2. How did you get into that industry field and get your business started?
I feel I was born with a passion in Design. I have always been creative, and have constantly re-arranged furniture from a very young age. I decided to follow my passion and take schooling that brought me to work in the industry. Dollhouse Design was born when I was suddenly laid off of my Lead Designer Role at a local hardware store. BLESSING IN DISGUISE!
3. What do you love most about your job? I love the variety that my job offers! No two days look the same. I also love the challenge in meeting budgets, and coming up with creative design solutions.
4. What are you most excited for going forward? Any new projects on the horizon? I am most excited about taking Dollhouse Design to the next level. This company was started when I had a 1 and 3 year old. My little guy is starting kindergarten this fall, which will free up some time, and hopefully I will be able to get into more Design Builds.
5. If you could go for brunch with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be and why? OPRAH!!! I mean, who wouldn’t want to be in her presence? I miss her show terribly and have always been intrigued by her interviewing style.
6. Who is a fellow Winnipeg-based entrepreneur/creative professional you admire and why?Kal Barteski is someone I truly admire. Not only is her artwork amazing, but her community spirit and involvement is something we could all learn from.
We wish Kelsey all the best in the future!
Sara + Kyla